Welcome to The Mental Breakdown and Psychreg Podcast! Today, Dr. Berney and Dr. Marshall discuss their experiences as one of the largest hurricanes in history found its way over their homes. They also review five steps for returning to life after a traumatic event.
1. Reduce Stress — Unplug from the recurring images and return to your life and your experiences
2. Reflect on the Positives — Though much was lost, there are always positives that we can highlight
3. Spend Positive Time with Your Family — By now you are probably very frustrated with one another, so spend some time together doing something relaxing and enjoyable.
4. Talk About It — Talking about YOUR experiences (not what you saw on TV or heard about) can be a very therapeutic process.
5. Get Back to Your Routines — The faster your life returns to “normal,” the better; so get back to work, return to your exercise and sleep routines, and stop eating the junk food you have probably been living on for the past week.
We hope that you will join us each morning so that we can help you make your day the best it can be! See you tomorrow.
Visit Psychreg for blog posts covering a variety of topics within the fields of mental health and psychology.
The Parenting Your ADHD Child course is now on YouTube! Check it out at the Paedeia YouTube Channel.
The Handbook for Raising an Emotionally Health Child Part 1: Behavior Management is now available on kindle! Get your copy today!
The Elimination Diet Manual is now available on kindle and nook! Get your copy today!
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube Channels, Paedeia and The Mental Breakdown.
Please leave us a review on iTunes so that others might find our podcast and join in on the conversation!
The Mental Breakdown Podcast is now on Google Play Music!
About our theme song:
Happy Boy Theme by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |